Sunday, November 25, 2007

Over the River and Through the Woods

Two years, two lonnnng years since I've had anything to write. I almost forgot I subscribed to this paradise of blank spaces. So what's new?

Well in the past five minutes I've learned if I lease a Volvo I get a complimentary rear seat entertainment system, that nothing says "happy holidays" quite like the word "duh", and 'tis the season to drop a hint. I despise holiday car commercials. In the past two years I've learned that life is a jungle, and you just have to keep swinging through it. Suddenly I have the urge to go ballroom dancing.

Sitting here in the aftermath of the Thanksgiving flood of "feel good thoughts" I realize that despite however dramatic I may be at any given time that I am doing pretty well for myself. I have moved back into the city (yay no more snowy subway waits in Queens), own a dog, enjoy my jobs, and am slowly but surely realizing that having no idea what I want to do with my life is a-okay. Olive, or Ollie, (the dog) is a beautiful miniature long haired chocolate dappled dachshund (whew) who gets cuter and cuddlier by the day. The apartment is in dire need of Martha Stewart's touch and my life path is a bit bumpy but these all serve to remind me that if all else fails, I have done things on my own. I know myself better, if only a little bit, and I have plenty to be thankful for. What are you thankful for? Get back to me on that.

If this isn't an example of word vomit, well, you know. I just wanted to see if I can still do the whole "pour your heart out to an inanimate object and wonder if anyone reads it" thing. Apparently I can, we'll see if more follows.

No comments: