Sunday, November 25, 2007

Tell me somethin good

And so begins another sleepless week. It's nights like this that I wonder what on earth possessed me to throw away a perfectly dysfunctional relationship. Sitting on the couch with O and a pile of tissues, remnants of a cat infested holiday, listening to Lily Allen and freezing. I could do with a little inspiration, such as the knowledge that there will be a warm body in the bed already when I finally get there, and that that body will roll over, snuggle up, and tell me I'm perfect before passing out again. Alas. That is no longer the story of my frozen winter nights. And that's a pathetic reason to miss someone. I am that girl. Proven by the fact that I just pulled O out of her cozy "nose tucked in butt" sleeping pose for a snuggle break she now resents me for.

I have no idea how my roommate can sleep in the next room with me practicing to be the understudy for the Titanic's foghorn out here. God bless her.

I'm looking for suggestions on where to spend the next six months of my life. I've decided to take the semester off to deal with pressing emotional instability and figure out if my chosen field is really one I will be happy with. And to avoid rebounding with any number of closet alcoholics or crack heads. I'm debating Egypt or Africa, but leaning towards Greece or Italy. Any other ideas? Right now I'd like to experience the Renaissance, but I'm looking to make sure there's nothing out there I'm ignoring that could knock me off my feet. What am I saying, no one reads this or even remembers it exists! God, send me a line.

No comments: